Whoops, someone blew it.
I ran the SPPT Configuration Wizard, specified the Farm DB access account as usual, and set the wizard in motion to create and configure the SharePoint Config DB.
Didn’t make it past Step 3. The configuration process threw a FileNotFound exception when it tried to load the Microsoft.IdentityModel assembly version 184.108.40.206.
Problem is, as far as I know, there never has been a version 220.127.116.11. Geneva Beta 2 was version 0.6.1.0 and the release candidate of Windows Identity Foundation is version 18.104.22.168.
I found several config files containing references to the 22.214.171.124 assembly, but these appear to be related to provisioning processes.
At any rate, the installation is on hold until a fix is released. It could very well be that the prerequisite installation process was trying to install WIF with assemblies stamped with version 126.96.36.199 and that’s why I had some issues during installation.
In any case though, even if the issue only surfaces when a version of Geneva/WIF has already been installed, which I have all over the place, it’s still an issue.